Front Turn Signals [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front Turn Signals

Tony
03-11-2006, 11:57 AM
This may seem kind of odd, but has anyone noticed that some Grand Ams have different front turn signal configurations?

Here's what I mean. The front turn signal consists of two amber lights. One is closer to the inside of the headlamp and the other is closer to the outside of the headlamp.

I am positive that on my car the two lights alternate. When the inside light blinks on, the outside light blinks off. When the inside light blinks off, the outside light blinks on. I have seen other Grand Ams with this configuration as well.

I am also positive that there are many Grand Ams in which the front turn signals blink differently. I have seen Grand Ams in which both the inside and outside lights blink on and off at the same time. When the inside light blinks on, the outside light also blinks on. When the inside light blinks off, the outside light also blinks off.

Has anyone else noticed this? What do you suppose is the reason? A running change in production? A rectifier or relay installed backwards? I'd be interested in knowing.:confused:

AznGA
03-11-2006, 12:17 PM
I think the pattern depends on whather your actual headlights are on or off.

Sleepwalkr
03-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I think the pattern depends on whather your actual headlights are on or off.

Thats exactly what it is. It took me a while to figure this out too. When your headlights are on, the 2 bulbs alternate back & forth. When your lights are off, they blink simultaneously.