dome light problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : dome light problem

Joe31956
03-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi all, just purchased a left-over brand-new 2005 Pontiac Grand AM GT1 Coupe, Victory Red, w/sunroof. The dealer had something like $5200 marked off of the sticker price. Don't know if that was a good deal or not. I was trading in a silver 2003 GAGT coupe I purchased used in 2004.

This is probably just a piddling problem, but it bothers me. My dome light doesn't work correctly. It will only come on and only very briefly when I unlock the door with the key fob transmitter. Now on my old 2003 GA, when I unlocked the door with transmitter, the dome light would stay on a good long time. I would unlock the door when I was still quite a distance away from the vehicle and the light would stay on until I put the key in the ignition and started the car. Later if I open an unlocked door by lifting the door handle with my new car the light will not come on at all. I do have the dome light switch in the middle DOOR position. Does anyone know what would be causing this. I think it's annoying to open the door to a dark car.

One more unrelated question. On the sticker of my new 2005 GAGT, it mentions a 229 peformance axle. What does that mean exactly, and does this give the car a peppier ride or what? Just wondering.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

Sincerely,

Joe from PA

nascarnate326
03-12-2006, 07:20 PM
the 229 im clueless about, however I know that the GA can be programed to do all kinds of different things with the lights. In the owners manual it talks about everything. I had a similar problem, if you call it that, and i think i had to hold lock down for 10 sec or somethign with the key to ON like 3 times. Its all in the owners manual. Congrats on the new car. Mines red too.