New Grand Am Guy from Arizona [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New Grand Am Guy from Arizona

phxchristian
03-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Hey there, I'm new here. I actually came across your site by looking for fast Grand Ams in Google. My Grand Am SE seems fast at least when I squeal the tires, but it really isn't yet. I do enjoy drifting around wet parking lots during the two or three rainy days we get a year. My car is still stock (175 HP 3.4 L V6) and I won't bother you by posting what you've seen a million times. I probably won't get around to spending much on it until I start earning more dollars. Well that's pretty much all I had to say. Check out my myspace (www.myspace.com/christianmj) for a good piano video and more about me. Back I go to searching for a way to put a WS6 in this bad boy.

-Chris

Braves299
03-23-2006, 02:14 AM
Welcome to the site. What color is your GA?

xxbackhillxx
03-23-2006, 02:15 AM
uh ... you can't drift a grand am. especially a stock one. welcome anyways. lots of helpful info on this site.

phxchristian
03-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Welcome to the site. What color is your GA?

Gold

phxchristian
03-23-2006, 02:27 AM
uh ... you can't drift a grand am. especially a stock one. welcome anyways. lots of helpful info on this site.

I shouldn't have called it drifting as only a RWD car can truly drift.

What I Did Was Powerslide
Make sure the parking lot is wet and slippery... Turn wheel all the way left (or right), slam on Gas and hear those tires squeal. Just make sure you have plenty of room in case you lose control. God I sound like a moron...

Rich
03-23-2006, 02:30 AM
I shouldn't have called it drifting as only a RWD car can truly drift.

What I Did Was Powerslide
Make sure the parking lot is wet and slippery... Turn wheel all the way left (or right), slam on Gas and hear those tires squeal. Just make sure you have plenty of room in case you lose control. God I sound like a moron...

ricer talk methinks...

SikMindz
03-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Ooooh. Methinks Rich read the other thread too...Rich FTW!

Arizona boy- why not just grab some trays from McDonald's or something and go at it? Then you dont have to wait for the rain!

phxchristian
03-23-2006, 02:45 AM
Nah, I'm too white for that!!! Actually the only time I've spun my tires was when I was pissed the other night not being able to find parking in my apartment complex and it just happened to be raining.

phxchristian
03-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Hey if vinyls float your boat, go ahead and get them. They're just not for me!

I realize I double-posted. Sorry bout that. My fingers flew faster than my mind.

Metallman56
03-23-2006, 09:01 AM
welcome to the site, this is one of the best sources you will find for the grand am. better then any manual i have ever seen for any car. as for your drifting comment i have noticed that when taking a off ramp at like oh 50 the rear end will kick out like a rwd car, the thing is in a rwd if you get out of the gas, 9/10 times you can easily regain control. its a bit weird in a fwd.

DrFabulous
03-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Welcome.

Word of advice- When you have the wheels turned at full lock, and then slam ont he gas to spin the tires... you'll cause LOTS of damage, and fast.

freakydeaky
03-23-2006, 10:34 AM
God I sound like a moron...

lol... welcome