Moonroof Cover jumped off tracks [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Moonroof Cover jumped off tracks

Konos
03-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey Guys,

I was driving the wife's car the other day on a beautiful day and decided to open the sunroof. The sunroof itself opened and closed fine, but the slideable cover/headliner seems to have jumped off the track. (at least at the front) It doesn't close completely, there's maybe a .5inch gap. How does one take this thing out/re-align it so that it runs in the tracks?

I've tried the search but the only thing I can come up with is how to adjust the position of the sunroof itself and how to remove the storage bin for those without sunroofs.

BTarb24
03-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I'd guess that you'd hve to take out all the pillar covers, remove the head liner, and check for a way to get access to the slides/tracks for the visor.

either that.. or reef on it until it pops back into place :D

digitalballz
03-25-2006, 04:44 PM
mine worked for about 2 weeks and hasnt moved since.

BTarb24
03-25-2006, 04:51 PM
come to think of it, i don't think i've closed mine since i bought the car. for all i know mine could be broken too :lol:

Konos
03-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Well, thanks for everyone's thoughts on this. After much searching online (not even Google could help) I spent some time staring at it this morning with much more light on the subject!

About an inch and a half back from the front of the sunroof cover there is a spring loaded tab on both sides of the cover. Both of these were out of the track that the sunroof cover slides in. I was able to pop one of them back in just by bending the cover a little bit, but the other side will not go in without pushing that spring-loaded tab all the way in. The best way to do this is to open the sunroof almost all of the way. The angle of the sunroof when open permits you to get a screw driver in between the roof of the car and under the sunroof. Just push that spring-loaded tab all the way in and pull down on that corner of the sunroof cover and release the screw driver. It will pop back in to the track. Problem solved! Be sure to watch the paint on the roof when attempting this, or use something other then a screwdriver to push on the tab! (Probably a better idea)

Hope this helps someone else! :)

Just an FYI that I noticed. The car that this was done on was the wife's '03 GAGT, not my Spec V. (I hate sunroofs! :) )

BTarb24
03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
thanks for coming back and posting the how-to!