Posting in the FS [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Posting in the FS

MSJHWT
04-07-2006, 11:01 AM
It hasn't been too bad recently, but just saw one spammer (Free Plasma TV!) and figured I'd suggest this. Make it so you have to have 25 posts or 3/6 months membership to post anything in the FS. Another forum I frequent was hit HARD by spammer, like 10 everyday, so they implimented this and haven't seen one since.
I don't think it's too big of a problem here, but if it's easy to implement would save the mods one more hassle.

Slim
04-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Not a bad idea at all.

SikMindz
04-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Or having a probation period for all newbies in all the sections. We can dream...

coupe
04-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I think its a good idea too. As long as the waite isnt like 500 posts or more or 6 month membership.

Jeremy
04-07-2006, 12:31 PM
The only problem with setting a minimum post count before you can post in a certain section is, someone will just go into another section and create X number of bogus posts just to get their count up.

I'm looking to see if there's a hack that requires X number of days post registry to allow posting.. not sure if I'll find it.

Roush GT
04-07-2006, 12:46 PM
The only problem with setting a minimum post count before you can post in a certain section is, someone will just go into another section and create X number of bogus posts just to get their count up.

I'm looking to see if there's a hack that requires X number of days post registry to allow posting.. not sure if I'll find it.

Hmm, but If they see they can't post in the FS section (and they don't know why, or how many posts it will take) they may just give up and move on to another site. I'm sure most spammers won't go to alot of trouble to get to x amount of posts. or they will just post it in other sections. ie. aag

LukeD
04-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Just keep hyperlinks from being displayed on a newbie's first 25 posts. Spammers are alway trying to get people to click their links. So just disable links for the first 25 posts.

GrandAmGT1996
04-09-2006, 12:08 PM
or they will just post it in other sections. ie. aag

You need a Premium Membership to start a new thread in AAG.

Roush GT
04-10-2006, 07:06 AM
You need a Premium Membership to start a new thread in AAG.

oh yeah forgot, even better then, 1 more section they can't spam in

GrandAmGT1996
04-10-2006, 07:21 AM
lol yeah...i dont see why they spam anyway, because all it does it get deleted and no one buys anything from them anyway.