5-114.3 wheels on a 5-115 hub... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 5-114.3 wheels on a 5-115 hub...

Jay61581
04-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi, I'm new here.

I also read the sticky about wheel sizing.

I was shopping for a set of wheels and pretty much everyone I asked told me DO NOT put a 5-114.3 wheel on a 5-115 hub, because it will cause a horrible vibration and god knows what else kind of damage.

So I finally find a wheel I like and they guy that owned the shop called his supplier and tells me "Oh sure, we can get those Enkei RS7 18x7.5 wheels in a 5-115 bolt pattern." I said ok I'll buy them, but you are absolutely positive when you tell me they are the correct bolt pattern and not the 5-114.3's which will kinda fit. He told me several times they were the right wheel. So he orders them.

I come back the next monday to get them put on. They go right on and I don't think anything about it.

During the following two weeks I notice a vibration when I'm driving on the interstate. I think nothing of it, figuring the low profile tires transmit more road noise and whatnot....

So tonight I'm outside smoking and I notice a sticker on the inside of one of my rims. I peel it off and it says " Inspected by N. Yama****a...P.C.D. 100/114.3...Enkei. There it is, the exact WRONG size bolt pattern wheel than what I had ordered.

So now I'm mad as hell, and am going to go to his shop and get to the bottom of this....He flat out lied to me saying he could get what I wanted when he got something else..

So the sticky thread says that size bolt pattern will work, but it ain't working for me. What other damage will this cause other than a super annoying vibration?

SikMindz
04-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Hubcentric rings FTW. There are like 2 million threads on this which you've already read. 5x114.3 WILL work on our cars. Period.

iceman
04-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Welcome.. thanks for another example thread of noone reading the forum guidelines.. moved