Gauges not coming on right away [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gauges not coming on right away

grandam1697
04-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Hello, Haven't been here in a while but I have another issue with my '99 grandam.

Just recently when starting up my car the gauges will not turn on and stay down at 0 readings. Only after 5 - 30 seconds will they come on. Very weird.

Anyone else have this issue before?? THX

tunersaudioperf
04-12-2006, 12:51 PM
I have the same problem. I have no idea what it is. Seems to me like the onboard computers don't communicate properly.

grandam1697
04-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Not sure if this is in connection with this problem or not but my "Service Vehicle Soon" light is now on.

Does anybody have any advice? Maybe I should take it in to have the codes read and figure out what the problem is.

freeze12
04-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Have You installed a new radio with a metra Chime Module recently? The reason I ask is that sometimes the Chime Module may malfunction causing the class 2 data bus to shut down as the instrument cluster is connected to the Class 2 data bus.If so...try disconnecting the module for a while & see if the cluster problem still exists.

grandam1697
04-18-2006, 05:20 AM
No I haven't installed a new radio recently. Actually now the guages seem to work as soon as the car starts (knock on wood). And the Service vehicle soon light hasn't come back on. Very weird stuff with this car. I will keep an eye on it for a while and see if it comes back. Thanks.

swordfencer
04-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Since your SVS light has come on, get the codes read by a scanner. I believe most auto stores will scan the computer for free. It could be a bad battery or loose battery connection.