oil leak? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : oil leak?

mr03SCT
04-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi,

There is an oil leak coming from the thing next to the oil filter. Please diagram....not sure what this is. I am not losing any oil when I check the fluid level...but definitely quite a bit of grease/oil coming out from this part.

videoman
04-15-2006, 09:46 PM
That front peice would be your AC compressor. Is it engine oil leaking or something else?

Malaclypse
04-16-2006, 10:47 PM
The front seal on the compressor is probably toast. The oil in the A/C system is alot lighter weight than engine oil and is clear in color when not mixed with dirt. It will also smell distinctly different.

mr03SCT
04-17-2006, 05:00 AM
The front seal on the compressor is probably toast. The oil in the A/C system is alot lighter weight than engine oil and is clear in color when not mixed with dirt. It will also smell distinctly different.

thanks for your reply. I guess it might be that, because it feels like oil but does not look like the oil i use in the engine. I have not lost any oil between oil changes. The AC is working fine however...going to take it in to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty, just want to make sure i know what is leaking...thanks

mr03SCT
04-27-2006, 06:26 AM
okay just to update...i took the car in to the dealer and they checked it out. It turns out that the head gasket is leaking...so they are going to replace both intake manifold gaskets as well as head gasket....all under warranty...i am happy now this is done before warranty goes out..:applause: :applause:

coupe
04-27-2006, 06:59 AM
Your extremely lucky