Whole bunch of questions (SES light etc) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Whole bunch of questions (SES light etc)

slick_willy182
04-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok. So I moved to Alberta from Manitoba and before you can insure your car out here you need an out of province inspection done on it. The mods I have on my car:

1. Cold Air Intake
2. SLP cat-back Exhaust
3. DHP PCM

So I have a SES light on that I got after installing the DHP PCM, which I havent cleared yet. The code you get from that should be DTC P1336 Case Learn, which it is not. The place where I serviced the car said I have 2 SES codes:

1. P1189 Engine Oil Pressure Switch
2. P0135 O2 Sensor

Where is the oil pressure sensor located on the car? I checked my oil level and its good, there shouldnt be any leaks. I changed the oil filter a couple months ago. What do I check for this one?

I did a little bit of searching and found out the o2 sensor could be because of the exhaust setup. I also heard it could be from MAF / IAT sensor harness?

I know I should get the CASE learn...been putting it off, and i'll be doing that this week sometime. As for the other 2 codes, I need to clear them because they will not pass my inspection unless they are cleared. I'm highly considering buying a scan tool, so that I can do this myself.

Any help would be apprieciated, and if you need more info let me know.

Thanks,
-Mike

slick_willy182
04-19-2006, 06:55 AM
One more thing. If I wanted a quick fix so I could at least get the car insured, could I just swap out the DHP PCM with my stock one? I'm not sure those codes would be cleared but I got that SES light after I installed the DHP.

slick_willy182
04-19-2006, 08:43 PM
bump. need some help

Cyrix
04-20-2006, 10:23 AM
wow, that is odd, what kind of scan tool are you thinking about buying? a tech 2?

slick_willy182
04-20-2006, 09:50 PM
I think its that one. Now my downpipe is bust where it meets the exhaust...happend to me after work today. Car is in the shop again! They said the SLP was too heavy? whatever. I'm taking my car to a exhaust shop once the down pipe is on to see if i can fix that. Do they still make that random tech downpipe?

brim
04-23-2006, 11:00 AM
oil pressure switch if i recall is right near the oil filter. usually screws in, looks like a cheap plastic piece and has a 2 wire connection on it.

The o2 sensore I forgot which one that is, you'll have to find out what bank it is.

coupe
04-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Your SLP is not to heavy, they dont know what they are talking about.

slick_willy182
04-23-2006, 01:42 PM
im thinking the shop that installed the exhaust didnt secure it properly or something? i told the guy at the shop that this exhaust is for our cars and there is no way its too heavy.

tomh
04-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Your SLP is not to heavy, they dont know what they are talking about.

exactly