3 Codes, any solutions? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Codes, any solutions?

Intuit57
04-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Like many others on this forum I have the P0300 code and am replacing the plugs & wires and crossing my fingers that it'll do the trick!
I also threw 2 other codes;
1)P0341 (crankshaft something??) and
2)P1662.. something about the cruise control?

I am a woman who knows very little about car repairs (becoming an expert after owning this GA!) and I fear the repair guys will try to rip me off. My car has 202,000KMS(Canada) and I wonder if I NEED to deal with the P0341 issue at all...or if I can get away with just replacing the sensor and hope for the best? There's an oil leak around this area as well. ;(
I did a search for the P1662 code and found nothing...any ideas?
Thanks

LukeD
04-27-2006, 06:51 PM
·P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected

·P0341 - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance

·P1662 - Cruise Lamp Control Circuit

It's possible you could have a lower intake gasket leak, (where oil leaks into the coolent or visa versa) and the coolent could have eaten away at the cam sensor. I can't remember if you need to take the upper intake manifold off to get to that sensor. Open your oil cap (easy to access, right in the center front of the engine) and twist the cap off. If it has what looks like mayonnaise on the cap, stop driving the car immediatly and take it into be repaired. If it looks just like regular oil (maple color or brown) you probably only need the sensor replaced and might have an external oil leak. Hope that helps.

Intuit57
04-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks! I do have an oil leak. The mechanic can see it dripping onto the Camshaft/Crankshaft(what's the difference?) I am hoping I can just replace the sensor and hope it'll last a year or 2...but is it likely it will just get contaminated soon if I don't find/fix oil leak?

LukeD
05-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Yeah I'd say probably just buckle down and get it fixed so you don't end up getting any really serious engine problems down the road. It's a fairly good car other than that gasket problem. GM started making newer gaskets that are much better now so if they fix it, they should put the updated gaskets in so it doesn't happen again. The whole job will probably be just over $1000, but it pays to shop around. Tell the shops what you need done and tell them the other shops price.

Intuit57
05-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Hi Luke;
I already had the updated gasket put in...many miles ago. I had a broken wire on the CamShaft sensor. Lights reset..all is well! *phew*

Have a good one eh!