HELP I have a problem with my engine!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HELP I have a problem with my engine!!!

97PGAMGT
05-02-2006, 07:11 PM
OK guys i got a 97 Grand Am GT v6 3.1 engine.. OKay i just had a tune up yesterday. I know i have to replace some O2 sensors..not a big deal, plugs/wires/raidiator hoses all replaced.... ok now here is the situation.

Last night while driving home, my car ran smooth as silk. When i awoke this morning to go to work, my car turned on as usual, and i started out, about half way around the block, the RPM's in my engine dropped, while i was hitting the gas, and the car kinda strarted shakeing kinda hard, enigne light flashed and than it just turned off......I started the car back up, again, and it works perfect whole way thru..Fast Foreward to my job, im on break right now, and i go out to get some grub, the same ****ing problem happens again, and i do the same thing and it works again...I dunno what is wrong guys..I thought it was a valve, my PCV/T valves are good, did a test. What could it be exactly? can anyone give me an idea??

97PGAMGT
05-02-2006, 07:20 PM
FYI i call it a T valve, but its the connector on the PCV Cable, to a valve, to a cable

Like a PCV Vlave------ T-------Cable
Valve

MikeSilverGT
05-07-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm probably way off track, but how's your fuel pump/hoses?

lone_wolf025
05-07-2006, 07:06 PM
So it happens only after the car has been sitting for a while? Does it then die out on its own completely? Also run a scan on the vehicle...if the light was on there should be a code in storage even if it turned off. That might help everyone narrow it down a little.