Newbie from TEXAS! =] [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from TEXAS! =]

jaytex0308
05-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Hey all,

Until recently, I thought I was the only one with a thing for the GA....but the folks over at gaownersclub.com will tell ya different! lol

Well, I'm 20. My home is in TX, but I'm in PA for college....coming home soon!!! =D

GAs are the only thing I've ever owned. I bought me a Grand Am SE in 2004, brand spankin' new. I had her ever since, and LOVED her to pieces. However, I say "loved" because three weeks ago a speeding SUV ran a red light and plowed right into me. My gorgeous GASE was totaled.

But I got another one right quick. The accident happened Monday and I signed the titled to an '04 GAGT1 on the following Thursday.

It was hilarious, because I looked *everywhere* for the one that I wanted (and drove 400 miles to get her, =] )....I was completely insistent that the car be a GA...(don't you hate it when dealers try to tell you what you want??)

But anyhow, I've got my new ride. She's a Fusion Orange GAGT1, absolutely gorgeous, sounds amazing too. I'm so looking foward to making her an original....like I said, totally excited that I found you guys and the GAOWNERSCLUB!! =D

Another thing...I'm just trying to get a few opinions. I was just wondering if I had gotten a good deal on my new baby...honestly, I LOVE HER (all that really matters, right?)...and would have definitely paid more if I didn't get my way in the negotiation.

But...curious to see what you guys say.

Like I said she's a 2004 Fusion Orange GAGT1 w/ Dark Pewter Leather Interior. Power Everything..all the bells and whistles (awesome stereo =] ) 20,600 miles. She has all her maintaince paperwork...everything done ahead of time. Very well taken care of, the EXT and INT are flawless - only one paint chip (about a mm in diameter...yeah, I'm a little anal about my paint, lol) on the driver's side door...

I got her from a dealership, so that right off, tells you I'm paying more anyhow.

They wanted $12,500 for her, but I got her for $11,600 and was very happy about it ( especially since I got around $12,100 for my totalled SE1...I LOVE MY INSURANCE, =D )

So would do ya think...did I get a good deal??

Looking forward to meeting you all! =]

-Jay

pyro
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
looks good. this place`ll learn you er`y thang yous needa know bout thum grand ams
*welcome*

coupe
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me.

Trust me, your not anal about your paint.