Window regulator [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window regulator

MegaHyp
05-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi guys. Well i need to replace my driver's side regulator again...but im wondering, does the part need to be "Driver's side". some of the items on e-bay do not say if the regulator is passenger or driver's side. thanks guys.

Gt00
05-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi guys. Well i need to replace my driver's side regulator again...but im wondering, does the part need to be "Driver's side". some of the items on e-bay do not say if the regulator is passenger or driver's side. thanks guys.Yep , they are side specific , as well as 2 door and 4 door units . Make sure it's a driver side 2 door regulator ....:thumbs:

MegaHyp
05-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Yep , they are side specific , as well as 2 door and 4 door units . Make sure it's a driver side 2 door regulator ....:thumbs:

thank you! there are some listed for cheap but they do not say what side they are for, only that they are for a coupe.

Gt00
05-15-2006, 10:22 PM
http://www.innerauto.com/catalog/Window_Regulator/2000_pontiac_grand_am.html

B0000rt
05-15-2006, 10:41 PM
http://www.innerauto.com/catalog/Window_Regulator/2000_pontiac_grand_am.html
Man, shipping to Toronto is $50, not to mention they use UPS which means killer brokerage fees :(

Gt00
05-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Man, shipping to Toronto is $50, not to mention they use UPS which means killer brokerage fees :(Yeah , i was just using that as an example of the different parts per side . I wasn't suggesting anyone buy them from them . Especially in Canada ... :slim Shipping by USPS and delivered by Canada Post is alot cheaper i hear .

drumking1721
06-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Ok so yea this weekend i went to the junk yard and got a "brand new" regulator....yea right. So i put it in today and i got the new "sashes" yesterday....so yea my window still doesnt work...its like the damn regulator is broke again,only goes up a bit and then the damn guide cable comes off track and screws everything up...so i have a piece of wood in there now holding it up,looks good,but the window doesnt go up or down, i dont know what to do,any suggestions?

drumking1721
06-13-2006, 09:43 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm help

Y2KGA
06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Ok so yea this weekend i went to the junk yard and got a "brand new" regulator....yea right. So i put it in today and i got the new "sashes" yesterday....so yea my window still doesnt work...its like the damn regulator is broke again,only goes up a bit and then the damn guide cable comes off track and screws everything up...so i have a piece of wood in there now holding it up,looks good,but the window doesnt go up or down, i dont know what to do,any suggestions?

I had a regulator die that way. when the cable comes off the pulley the regulator is usually toast. Did you test the regulator at the junk yard?

drumking1721
06-14-2006, 04:52 PM
no they were D**** about it...so i went back today complained and got a brand new one,just installed it,works great....so yea,it was a **** one they gave me