small round pieces on the dash [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : small round pieces on the dash

cals400ex
05-16-2006, 02:25 PM
i was wondering if the small round pieces of plastic on the dash pop out and what is their purpose? it looks like tweeters could go there but i never knew.

JoshuaW
05-16-2006, 02:39 PM
what small round pieces on the dash? you have to be more specific and maybe include some pictures

Gizm0815
05-16-2006, 03:25 PM
im assuming the round pieces on teh top of the dash pad near the windshield on either side of the center defrost vent.

stangdude
05-16-2006, 04:26 PM
they are access point for bolts to hold the dash in, pop them out and have a look for yourself. I thought they were through and would be a great place to mount an alarm LED, but sadly no. There is nothing but solid plastic and metal under there.

SikMindz
05-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Yup. The nubbins have a purpose. Right not right on top of the center air vent?

cals400ex
05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
yes, i am referring to the ones on the left and right side of the defrost vent. so they need to be removed when removing the dash because there is bolts under there? i may try to remove the dash to deaden some parts but i have idea how to take the whole dash off. maybe it will be too much of an issue to even worry about it too.

stangdude
05-17-2006, 08:57 AM
yea, probably more of a hassle than you want to get into, unless you have a good manual. do you have much of a vibration problem in the dash? Mine's still silent even with a good sized system bumping for two years. trunk compartment's what vibrates loose, that and exhaust heat shields.....took forever to find that one.

cals400ex
05-17-2006, 08:44 PM
i don't have much vibration but i was planning on deadening as much as possible. i think i want to coat the firewall with a paint-on coating.