SES light after oil change? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SES light after oil change?

ihatemygrandamg
05-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Well today I changed the oil in my 99 gagt. I put in 4.5 quarts of Mobil 1 and an ac delco filter. Everything went ok just like a normal oil change. I had a little over a half a tank of gas and added a small bottle of lucas fuel injector cleaner. Then a little while later I went for a drive and my SES light came on, which I have no idea what it could be. Any thoughts or opinions about this?

Bonnor
05-16-2006, 11:02 PM
is your gas cap tight?

ihatemygrandamg
05-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Yea that was one of the first things I checked.

lone_wolf025
05-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Double check to make sure your oil cap and stick are in and on tight. If they're not its possible that it would throw a code. Once you've done it take it for a quick spin and see if it goes away. If that doesn't work go to autozone or murrays or one of those other shops that check your codes for free.

ihatemygrandamg
05-16-2006, 11:49 PM
yea I was planning on going to advance auto parts sometime soon but Ill be pretty busy working but thanks for the advice, Ill try that tomorow.

03GaGTSCT
05-19-2006, 08:06 AM
This might sound stupid but is it your ses or you svs light? because if it is your svs light i had my light come on and one of the headlights was burnt out. Just a suggestion.

ihatemygrandamg
05-19-2006, 10:26 AM
No it was an ses light for sure. I thought it might have been the gas cap from when I put in the lucas injector cleaner, but then i tried to reset to see if it would go away. That didnt work, but a few days later it went off, I hate my car haha.

digitalballz
05-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Could it be that it has nothing to do with what you did??? I love when people get there car fixed and two days later say "ever since you fixed my wheel bearing my car dont run right"?????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I had one lady in a honda had a rattle from an exhaust heat shield. So we fixed it and sent her on her way. Two days later she came back and was complaining that ever since we fixed her heat shield her heat doesnt get as hot. AGAIN WTF!!!!!!!! anyway get the code read and see what it syas first!

lone_wolf025
05-19-2006, 08:27 PM
*iagree*

Code will tell you specifically where the problem area is. I didn't think of it myself but the point that it could be something completely different is very valid. Stuff happens...especially with cars.

ihatemygrandamg
05-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Yea like I said before I was gonna get it read but I was too busy to do it right away. And if you read my last post I said it went away.

digitalballz
05-20-2006, 03:46 PM
code will still be in your computers memory so you will know what went wrong with it so it wont happen again.