Passenger window motor/regulator replacement cost [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Passenger window motor/regulator replacement cost

spectre
05-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Anyone have any idea what it would cost to have the dealership fix a broken passenger window? I was driving home today and rolled down the window just like I had done many times before except this time I heard a loud pop (loud enough to be heard over the radio) and then tried to roll the window up. When I did that I noticed that it was going up but was 90 degrees from the normal way. The window was completely free floating in the door.

So we got the door panel off and the window pulled back up to the top of the frame. We ended up ducting the window into place for now.

I'm just curious as to what it would cost to get it replaced at the dealership. I am planning on getting a new car anyway. (this helps push me quicker to get it done) 110,000 miles on the car and things are starting to fall apart. ( believe me the window isn't the only thing wrong)

Y2KGA
05-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Anyone have any idea what it would cost to have the dealership fix a broken passenger window? I was driving home today and rolled down the window just like I had done many times before except this time I heard a loud pop (loud enough to be heard over the radio) and then tried to roll the window up. When I did that I noticed that it was going up but was 90 degrees from the normal way. The window was completely free floating in the door.

So we got the door panel off and the window pulled back up to the top of the frame. We ended up ducting the window into place for now.

I'm just curious as to what it would cost to get it replaced at the dealership. I am planning on getting a new car anyway. (this helps push me quicker to get it done) 110,000 miles on the car and things are starting to fall apart. ( believe me the window isn't the only thing wrong)

The regulator is around $300+ from GM plus an hour of labor.

You can buy a new aftermarket regulator on ebay for around $60.

Its very easy to install yourself. All you need is a socket set, a screwdriver and some duct tape. There are detailed instructions in the howto forum.