Wierd Noise From Front [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Noise From Front

vin1978
05-19-2006, 07:15 AM
My wife is begging me to sell this car, but I have 5 payments left then I am free sailing, so I would like to keep her a little longer.

My problem is this. I just replaced the front brakes 2,000 miles ago. I replaced both front wheel bearings within the past 5,000 miles. BUT, there is this noise coming from the front right of the car that does not sound like the airplane noise of the bearings. It quiets down when I accelerate and really gets loud when i let off the gas and coast.

The brakes feel as smooth and tight as they did when I first put them and when I slow down quickly the sound also goes away.

The sound is very difficult to describe, but I thought since you guys have been great in the past diagnosing this POS maybe just getting the info up might get me somewhere. Thanks in advance for any help.

vin1978
05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Any takers??? Even just an idea would be helpful.

puckyou
05-19-2006, 10:20 PM
sounds give stock RSA growl......I had it but did not believe that they could make that noise until I got rid of them.

slickjoe
05-30-2006, 12:19 PM
I had a similar issue and it turned out the tires were the reason why. It wouldnt make any noise while accelerating but when taking the foot off the gas, especially whe turning, the noise really picks up.

coupe
05-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Do you still have the RSA's? He has a 2001, i would be suprised if he still had them.

GAGT01 Bum
05-30-2006, 08:11 PM
I have the same problem with the noise it's a squeeling sound and the sound pitch increases when I turn the wheel. I'll know if it is the RSA's that are causing the sounds, I'm pretty sure it is. I'm going to change over tires and rims this weekend. I do still have my stock RSA's and I have a 2001 GAGT.

slickjoe
05-31-2006, 05:24 PM
yeah GAGT01, it IS the tires definetely. I had the same exact issue you are currently having, don't bother wasting your time (like I did) messing with the brakes, along with blowing money out the window. It IS the tires. It is a common problem with this vehicle. It's not the rims, it is the tires.