Shifter Q. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Q.

GAracer
05-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey everybody i have another question... and yes i have done a search.. and i am tryin to find out exactly what i have to disable and where it is and prolly how to disable it.. I want to know how to change a automatic shifter to where i can use a manual shifter knob. I know i have disable some cable so that i dont have to push my brake to change gears but where do i do this at.. and is it hard... i would greatly appreciate your help

Panacea
05-20-2006, 03:13 PM
I don't know how to do that, but it's just asking for trouble. All it takes is for you or a passenger to hit the shifter and throw it into a lower gear. Say bye bye to your tranny.

cmtapanes
05-20-2006, 03:31 PM
I agree! Just looking for trouble. If you looking to replace your shif knob just get an after market shift for automatic transmission. I replace mine. Check my CarDomain.

The button is on the top and you push down to change gears.

I don't know how to do that, but it's just asking for trouble. All it takes is for you or a passenger to hit the shifter and throw it into a lower gear. Say bye bye to your tranny.

GAracer
05-26-2006, 09:05 AM
I am not worried about the tranny the likelyhood of me actually doin that is slim and i dont let anybody else too much my stuff while drivin and nobody besides me drives it..

2003SCT
05-26-2006, 10:09 AM
I suggest against it for one reason...bad experience. I had an automatic carbon fiber knob which threw off my "shift position sensor" and cost me $300 to replace. It made it think the button was always pressed in so when you put her in park...the key wouldnt come out. The whole "mod" was a waste of time and money.

CHRIS