Inertia Fuel Shut off switch help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Inertia Fuel Shut off switch help

Dan99Grandam
05-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Unfortunatly I just had a front end Collision.. The damage isnt that bad and I plan on putting the front bumper and fenders on my self. However, after the wreck the car wont start anymore. I was wondering if there was a Inertia Fuel Shut off switch or something similiar that could of tripped. Ive looked everything over closely and seems like the only thing mechanical damaged is the ac line going from the radiator to the condenser. If anyone can help me with the location or some more info I would apreciate it.

LukeD
05-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Does the car just click when you try to start it or does it try to turn over?

lone_wolf025
05-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm not too familiar with our cars' systems but the fuel pump interia shutoff switch is inherrant to Ford vehicles. Though the computer may have a fuel cutoff criteria for collisions. Check with the dealer or a bodyshop tech to confirm.

-Edit-
This is assuming that fuel delivery is the problem...

Dan99Grandam
05-25-2006, 12:37 PM
The engine cranks but wont start. The collision was low speed and did damge to the passenger side bumper and finder.The radiator isnt even damaged. I know that fords use the inertia switch, and is located in the trunk , but I heard there may be something similiar in the case of a pontiac.