New window regulator... window reversed [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New window regulator... window reversed

DrFabulous
05-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Installed new drivers side window regulator.... did it exactly as directed, it's put in the exact same way as the old one, etc.... but now the switch is reversed. To roll the window up, I push down, to roll down, I have to push up. The passanger side works normally.... and the part is for the right side. What is causing this? It's not a HUGE deal (at least I have a window)... but it'd be nice if it worked correctly.

SikMindz
05-25-2006, 12:36 PM
User error.

brim
05-25-2006, 01:52 PM
hehehe

coupe
05-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Wasnt there a thread where this happened to someone? Cant remember how he fixed it though.

Y2KGA
05-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Installed new drivers side window regulator.... did it exactly as directed, it's put in the exact same way as the old one, etc.... but now the switch is reversed. To roll the window up, I push down, to roll down, I have to push up. The passanger side works normally.... and the part is for the right side. What is causing this? It's not a HUGE deal (at least I have a window)... but it'd be nice if it worked correctly.

This happened to me with my regulator. The terminals on the regulator are backwards. If the regulator has a pigtail connector you can reverse the terminals.

With my car, I ended up reversing the terminals on the cars connector to the regulator. The terminals pop out with a paper clip so you don't need to cut anything. Its very easy to do.

ViperGTSR
05-25-2006, 06:31 PM
yea, super simple. switch leads = DC motor spins different direction. physics II

DrFabulous
05-26-2006, 11:38 AM
That's what I figured.... I was just so damn happy to have a working window, I put the focker back together and went for a spin.

ViperGTSR
05-26-2006, 01:28 PM
you went for a backwards spin

har

DrFabulous
05-27-2006, 11:49 AM
you went for a backwards spin

har

nekked thru a cornfield. Errrrrrr....................

I don't think I'm going to bother changing it, either. It's hopefully going in soon for tint.

LukeD
05-28-2006, 10:24 AM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60022&highlight=regulator

DrFabulous
05-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Ha.... window already broke. Damn clips.

Rich
05-29-2006, 02:16 AM
lol bahahahahaha im sorry dude, but thats so horribly hilarious.

DrFabulous
05-30-2006, 09:12 AM
lol bahahahahaha im sorry dude, but thats so horribly hilarious.

lol Thanks, Rich. I just ordered 4 new clips from GM.... hopefully I can mix and match stuff to get SOMETHING working.

Rich
05-30-2006, 05:11 PM
heh, i hope so. i thought i remebered reading you couldnt get just the clips from GM or something? i thought you had to buy the whole regulator and everything. im going to have pick up some clips myself. im afraid to roll down my passenger side window because i know its barely hanging there.

DrFabulous
05-31-2006, 12:06 AM
You can buy just the clips, and just the sashes. The company I bought the whole assembly from is shipping me a new assembly free of charge.... woot!

LukeD
05-31-2006, 12:23 AM
Maybe they thought I was lying when I e-mailed them about it. They never got back to me about their defective reverse regulators. Maybe once other people started complaining they started to take it seriously.

DrFabulous
05-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Who did you buy from? Like rucp-inc or something? They were VERY responsive when I e-mailed them.

LukeD
06-07-2006, 05:00 PM
mine was from directauto

99GTCoupe
09-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I have this problem as well. I replaced it last week (THANK FARKING GOD!!! lol) and didn't really care after I found out. I was just so damn happy to have a working drivers window :D I'm gonna replace my other side, though, cause it's all sluggish compared to the new one hehe

But anyways, all you have to do is switch the leads? I'm not very electrical-friendly (ie, haven't done something like this before), but I am 95% sure I can do it if someone tells me what to do, so what would the process be? (yeah, i'm sure it's simple, but bear with me)

99GTCoupe
09-09-2006, 08:09 PM
?

Y2KGA
09-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I have this problem as well. I replaced it last week (THANK FARKING GOD!!! lol) and didn't really care after I found out. I was just so damn happy to have a working drivers window :D I'm gonna replace my other side, though, cause it's all sluggish compared to the new one hehe

But anyways, all you have to do is switch the leads? I'm not very electrical-friendly (ie, haven't done something like this before), but I am 95% sure I can do it if someone tells me what to do, so what would the process be? (yeah, i'm sure it's simple, but bear with me)

You can either reverse the leads on the plug from the regulator's side or plug on the car. I did the one on the car side.

To do the cars plug, first take off the blue piece of plastic at the end of the plug. Then with a paperclip you can dislodge the leads. There are these little pieces of plastic on the on the top and bottom that you can move to the side, the leads then slide out the back. There is no cutting involved.

iceman
01-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I too had reversed leads, just took the conncector apart and reversed the blue and white wires.. no biggie.

Although, my ****ing clip that stays attached to the window, broke :( I have some crazy epoxy, I lathered it up.. hopefully it holds. With these temperatures it'll take forever to sit so gotta let the car chill for a little bit.

Also figured out my random loose metal sound in my driver's door... the dealer left the factory clips that broke just hang out inside the door :amraam:

http://www.ice8420.com/iceman/mycar/windowclips.jpg