power steering pump [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : power steering pump

ihatemygrandamg
05-27-2006, 11:43 PM
I have searched and couldnt really come up with what Im looking for. My power steering pump is going up and Im not sure how to install a new one I have. What tools and what kind of puller do I have to use? Also, has anyone done this and how hard is it? If someone could help me or could find a write up for it I would really appreciate it.

digitalballz
05-28-2006, 09:37 AM
The new pump should have come with a puller/installer. Its not the greatest design they have, but it works. as for emoving the pump itself is pretty simple. Its just 3 bolts and a couple of lines.

ihatemygrandamg
05-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Well I bought it used so I dont have the puuler. Is it a 3 fingered puller I need? And is there an install article anyone could direct me to?

digitalballz
05-29-2006, 05:40 PM
why oh why would you buy a used pump??? So you could save a couple bucks, and then have to do it again in a couple months?? If you dont have the right tools i would say take it to a local shop. No its not a 3 fingered puller that you would need. it looks like this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SNAP-ON-PULLER-SET-POWER-STEARING-LOOK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43996QQitemZ464369 8436QQrdZ1

Aleromi
05-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey ..

well if u have never done a PS pump then u will need to get a repair manual and u will need that tool or u will just install the one u have... U brought it used? well that ok i guess but a new one would be better....

Refer to manual on how to reome it.. IT HAS PICTURES>>>>:) and that is just removing 3 bolts... and 2 lines....

U will need a 13mm or 14mm socket and or 9/16 or 1/2 line wench for the presser line... and pliers for the return hose... SEE book for pic...

Its really easy once u see what u have to do...

Good luck....
Aleromi