lots of problems....... any ideas [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : lots of problems....... any ideas

grandgt
05-30-2006, 11:27 AM
hey guys,

my car was running great for about a month, now its running more and more crappy

my first problem is i was driving down my street goin like not 15 km/h, when i press on the breaks and i feel the abs kick the peddle out then my trac off and ABS lights come on ( would this be my hub assembly goin?)

then i put in an aftermarket cd player with one sub and amp. when i put my car in the on position and my deck turns on and it plays fine. but when i open my door or chimes go off. i feel my sub pick up the frequencey and the sub will start to vibrate from it. ( i connected my stock monsoon amp and my aftermarket amp (phoenix gold) to the the deck remote wire i believe i did it correctly. i will try new rca tho since people told me that might be the problem.

then i was driving down main st when the light turned amber. so i began to break, when my car was close to stopping it in a way down shifted hard and the rpms went up (my car is automatic)

also lately my car has been getting rough on starting, when i try to start my car it sometimes wont start at all. what will happen is the security will start to blink, i waited the 10 minutes or so for it to turn off then tried it again same problem wont start then security will start to blink. the only way i get it started is press the gas peddle all the way down then it will start. i already changed out my starter thinking that was the problem.

thats all i got for now :) any ideas would be helpful

coupe
05-30-2006, 12:26 PM
1. Need a new hub...or both
2. dunno, i dont do sound
3. Of course your rpms went up, it down shifted
4. Its your ignition cylinder, change it out. Waite the 10 minutes then when the light stops blinking and then dissapears turn the key back to off and then try again.

grandgt
05-30-2006, 01:13 PM
thx for ur help coupe ill get those hub looked at also ignition cyclinder
but when i mentioned the rpms are supposed to go up my car is auto so as soon as i release my foot from the gas to break my rpm lowly decreases, this time it went to almost 4000rpms for a split second then rpms dropped
i dunno if its supposed to do that?

couple problems solved thx to coupe :)

any ideas on the sound system

coupe
05-30-2006, 01:25 PM
It is strange the rpms jumped that high.

grandgt
05-30-2006, 01:54 PM
hey coupe,

it only did that once never did it again but i just asked incase it was a common problem. which im guessing it isnt ;crap

slickjoe
05-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, my idle does drop down when I turn my A/C on.

Shad0wguy
05-30-2006, 03:10 PM
With the subs, are they connected to a pre-amp output with a low-pass filter? Or just a normal pre-amp? If it is a normal pre-amp, that may be why, as all audio is sent to the amp. Even the chimp audio.

Where-as the low-pass pre-amps filter the sound only for bass and would not allow the chime sound to go through to your subs.

Don't hold me to this though. I may be wrong.

white97gt
07-31-2006, 02:23 PM
i put a aftermarket stereo in my car but before I did that I went and bought a hardness and all you have to do is just splice the wires color for colors. i dont know if you have one but they do help out alot.