Need help with changing coolant please:( [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need help with changing coolant please:(

rizer
05-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey guys, just need some quick help on the right way to do this. So i went to flush my system today and come to find out the plastic radiator drain cap is busted(Wing things were broke off). I went to about 5 checkers/autozones and no one had em in stock and said it would take about 5 business days for it to come in.

What would be the best way to do it since I cant drain from that exact plug....
Just drain the coolant from the lower tube on passenger side till it stops, fill it up with water from the overflow tank, run it for 10 minutes, then drain it again and fill it with the coolant from the overflow tank?

It it would make it easier somehow, the previous owner installed that prestone flush/fill adapter thing that you hook the hose to. Its on the small line that runs from the overflow tank to the block.

Really appreciate the help,

-Chris

rtranger81
05-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Ummm did you check maybe a junk yard for something like that? They have to be like a dime a dozen at one. Depending on what engine you have should be pretty commen I would think. I don't think you what to remove the hose because you wanna run the engine while you are flushing it and it wouldn't cirrulate through the entire engine.

coupe
05-31-2006, 06:24 AM
Stealership, things like this are ussually cheap.