3-way Switch [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 3-way Switch

TCMavrick
06-01-2006, 09:49 AM
There were a lot of GA's that had the hazzard problem. Mine did also. But its back. The annoying clicking all the time. The turn signals still work but the clicking never stops. I have replaced the hazzard switch twice but the clicking comes back in minutes after I replaced it. I heard from someone that it was caused by a bad 3-way switch. After replacing the 3-way switch, it went away.

Anyone heard of that?

Thanks,
Mav

Metallman56
06-01-2006, 09:51 AM
if a bad 3 way switch is a bad turn sinal and wiper controler connection then yes thats true.

TCMavrick
06-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Its strange, because everything works, just the clicking from the hazzard switch wont stop.

silvergtjrad
06-01-2006, 04:15 PM
theres a recall for that now, i got a letter from pontiac about two weeks ago.

Bonnor
06-01-2006, 05:50 PM
clean your multifunction switch in teh steering coloum...that's what i ddi and teh clicking stopped...there is a thread on it in here somewhere with the how-to on how to clean it

TCMavrick
06-06-2006, 01:18 PM
wow another recall on this? I almost bought the part online since its hella cheap compared to the dealership. And I don't have warranty anymore to cover it. So the labor is too much also. They said two hours for labor and it would only take me 15 minutes to swap it. Since I changed my gauges already.

So it could be just dirty? That would be sweet also. To just clean it.