Security [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Security

blkgagt
06-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Hi, I was at Wendy's tonight in the drive through. They had to get my food ready and told me to pull up. I shut off the motor, but kept it in the ON position. I started it back up when I got my grub, and the SECURITY light came on. I went about a block back to my work, shut the car off and pulled out the key, started it back up and no light. I have an aftermarket CD player that I have had in for about a month, other than that, my car is stock. Has this ever happened to anybody else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

R.C.

brsexton
06-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Ihad this happen once also. I was playing the radio while cleaning my Alero and then I started it without turing the key off first and the security light was on. I never had it happen again. I guess it may just be fluke in the BCM..Who know's.

gilzgrandam00
06-03-2006, 06:53 AM
thats a problem that some gm car have its just a 10 min wait cause if it blinks then u r not goin no where its something every dum, but look throw the forms there is talk about the light.

badboy2451
06-03-2006, 01:21 PM
thats a problem that some gm car have its just a 10 min wait cause if it blinks then u r not goin no where its something every dum, but look throw the forms there is talk about the light.

wow

Mendoza
06-03-2006, 04:09 PM
^^
Haha

Ihad this happen once also. I was playing the radio while cleaning my Alero and then I started it without turing the key off first and the security light was on. I never had it happen again. I guess it may just be fluke in the BCM..Who know's.
Same problem.

blkgagt
06-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Well, I have drove about 200 miles to there back and forth to work. It hasn't came on since then. Oh well, thanks for your help.

P.S. I know I should make a new thread, but I don't want to pi** anyone off cause I am kinda new here. But, what is everyone using for spark plugs and wires? I need to change mine, and I just kinda want to know what everyone else is using. THANKS

R.C.

badboy2451
06-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Well, I have drove about 200 miles to there back and forth to work. It hasn't came on since then. Oh well, thanks for your help.

P.S. I know I should make a new thread, but I don't want to pi** anyone off cause I am kinda new here. But, what is everyone using for spark plugs and wires? I need to change mine, and I just kinda want to know what everyone else is using. THANKS

R.C.

im running the stock AC Delco plugs with some MSD wires, ive heard of some misfire issues when using the bosch plugs, although i forget what gap they were using...try running a search and youll find the info you need

coupe
06-05-2006, 05:55 AM
Your ignition cylinder is poopin out on you.

blkgagt
06-05-2006, 12:25 PM
so the ignition switch could do that? Does that have anything do to with sometimes when i am stopped, in gear, my speedometer goes crazy? Like just last night i was at the dealership looking at new cars and my speedometer jumped all the way to 150, then after about 5 seconds it goes back down again....Weird....:bleep:

coupe
06-05-2006, 01:24 PM
The ignition cylinder, 99% of the time that is what it is that sets that damn lite off.

nascarnate326
06-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Listen, or rather re read what coupe said. He knows waht hes talking about. I know this has been covered before, as I started a thread about it. Had I listened to members like him, i wouldnt have had to start the thread.

Try wd40 to help it along.

iceman
06-05-2006, 02:33 PM
this topic has been covered way too many times, and this thread title sucks