Water leak above circuit board - driver's side door? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Water leak above circuit board - driver's side door?

Tocldis
06-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Just like the title - water leaks right above the driver's side circuit board. It comes in only when it is pooring rain outside. The water trickels down onto the trunk relay and all of the other circuits causing my trunk to open. It pools on the floor of the driver's side, right infront of the gas/break pedals.

I would upload a picture if my scanner worked. ;crap

I have brought it to a couple places to check it out, but it's about 100$ just for them to look at it, and I was hoping there may be an easier solution.

I'm clueless - i've checked the wires I ran through to the battery and around that general area. Any help is much appreciated, for I will probably be paying 100$ + for someone to fix/find the leak.

KeyserSosa2000
06-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Why dont' you just wait for it to rain like a son-of-a-b*tch again and then sit there until it start to pool; then just work back from where the water is dripping from. Does this happen when you wash your car or only when it rains? have you tried recreating this problem with a hose?

Tocldis
06-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Yes I have tried a hose, and it doesn't leak when I wash it either.

It's bad timing, whenever it rains i'm either at work, sleeping, or at school.

I can see where the water exits, but I can't get in there as I do not know how to take apart that interior area above steering column.

AznGA
06-04-2006, 06:34 PM
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the bad sunroof glass. I got it replaced under warranty.

iceman
06-04-2006, 06:50 PM
yep this is a common problem, you will want to search. often it's the sunroof drains getting clogged

coupe
06-05-2006, 06:58 AM
I had this problem, its not the sunroof. I cant explain where it is coming from either. I pulled off the pillar and took it to a auto glass repair shop.

Panacea
06-05-2006, 08:10 AM
I think it's the drain in front of the windshield. It gets clogged or something like that.

coupe
06-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Its not the drain holes either.

00GT1
06-05-2006, 09:57 AM
i had this problem too i think. my easy solution was to pull of the pillar and the affected area and shove some rags under there. After that the only upkeep is changing them after it rains really hard. no biggie. Cost around dollar total. Good luck with that

coupe
06-05-2006, 09:59 AM
^^The auto glass place sprayed a sealant up in there for me.