Newbie Gas pump relay issues... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Gas pump relay issues...

zzlcnwasp
06-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here and I'm having problems with the Gas Pump Relay, to start the engine, if anyone know this anoying little glitch and how to fix it please let me know, beside this, my GA GT 02 is really a nice and fast ride, and I love it, I just need to know how to correct this thing thanks to ya all, talk to you soon.

KeyserSosa2000
06-03-2006, 07:00 PM
hey man. *welcome* to the site. This is actually a decent question and a mod may want to move this to the Technical Section of the site.

Try running a search on Fuel, or Fuel Relay, or similar terms.

zzlcnwasp
04-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Well this issue has been resolved a few years ago, now and GM paid for all of it thanks to the info found on this Forum, 600$ saved right there.
Nothing to do with the Gas pump relay switch, but everything to do with the Ignition switch locking up when inserting the key and trying to start the engine, I knew that GM knew about it, common problem on this line of cars, and had them pay for it. The cheap part has been replace by a better one, and ever since this took place, no problem anymore.
GM never issued a recall for that even though they should have, but they are fully aware of this problem, and you come with proof and bitch loud enough in their show room, in front of potential buyers, they will PAY for it all. No joke, 600$ on them, maybe they should have chosen a good quality part in the first place.