Been a while, can anyone help? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Been a while, can anyone help?

06-03-2006, 09:22 PM
It has been awhile since I have really had to use this forum and wonder if anyone can help me. I remember reading several posts about some prototype GrandAms that were supposed to be in a wrecking yard. The yard might have been Schrams in Michigan.

I don't remember what was special about the cars, maybe different engines, suspension parts, body parts? I remember there were several of these vehicles at the yard, prototypes that GM never built.

I have had several major changes in my life in the past year, including moving from Ohio to Texas, retirement, and several other things. I can not remember how long ago the post was, but believe it must have been within the last year.

I tried the search function but could not find anything.

Anyone remember any of this? I think a member even went to look at the vehicles, and might have been the one who made the original posts.

Thanks, Steve

ViperGTSR
06-03-2006, 09:41 PM
soo... what EXACTLY do you want?

I remember. ANd technicially that answers your question, but what the hell else do you want?

06-03-2006, 09:52 PM
I am on another board where the topic of wrecking yards that seem to have some type of contract with automakers for prototype of test cars was brought up. It was asked if this might be true, and if anyone knew of any others that might have such a contract or connection.

Don't worry, I am not after any of the cars or parts!

ViperGTSR
06-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Yea, probably. Quite a few cars are kept in a big warehouse. The rest which are wrecked go to that one place that sells the parts on Ebay and stuff.

Kevin bought the rims from the red SC/T concept from them

06-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Thank you, Alex. I thought that was the yard I was thinking of. I have bought parts from them off eBay for an Alero, and the parts were like brand new. They said the car had only 10 miles! Looking at the parts I got from them, you would have thought they were right off the shelve, brand new.

Ajaxus
06-04-2006, 12:04 AM
rumor has it that the spoiler made it to sikmindz...if only the bastard got it put into production. welcome back to the site, just search on the sc/t, there's alot of threads with info on the concept and what little we have of it produced. i think there's 1 or 2 people here trying to build their cars up into replicas.