Trunk Lighting [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Lighting

my02gt
06-16-2006, 07:19 PM
This is for those of you that have aftermerket lighting in your trunk. I have a neon tube mounted in my trunk already. The only problem is, I dont know how to wire it to come on when the trunk opens. I know I need to tap into the trunk light wires but I am unsure how to do that. My guess would be cut the existing 2 wire harness off and solder the 2 wires from the neon to the two factory wires. Is that correct? If so, does it mattes which wires I solder to each other? Meaning is there a pos and neg wire in the factory wiring already cuz they both look solid red to me. Thanks.

puckyou
06-16-2006, 07:42 PM
This is for those of you that have aftermerket lighting in your trunk. I have a neon tube mounted in my trunk already. The only problem is, I dont know how to wire it to come on when the trunk opens. I know I need to tap into the trunk light wires but I am unsure how to do that. My guess would be cut the existing 2 wire harness off and solder the 2 wires from the neon to the two factory wires. Is that correct? If so, does it mattes which wires I solder to each other? Meaning is there a pos and neg wire in the factory wiring already cuz they both look solid red to me. Thanks.

correct, so you don't have to cut the wires just pick up some wire splices.

my02gt
06-17-2006, 12:07 AM
I was just gonna cut off the harness not the wires. Well, I would have to strip them a little but is that correct? Or can I just pull hard enough and get the harness off?

iceman
06-17-2006, 12:30 AM
I think I posted a pic somewhere.. I dunno. But if you take out your trunk light, and take the bulb out.. The prongs that the bulb fits between will connect to a female quick disconnect perfectly. If I were you, just crimp on insulated quick disconnects on the end of the neon power wires, plug in, and voila

my02gt
06-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Well we have an el problemo. My trunk light never worked, I thought it was burnt out. I put a new bulb in and nothin happened. I guess the owner be4 me jacked with the wiring cuz I am not gettin any light.

Ajaxus
06-17-2006, 07:03 PM
check the fuses?

my02gt
06-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Looked in the manual and didnt see a trunk light fuse? Any clue as to what fuse it would run off of?

my02gt
06-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Bump

iceman
06-19-2006, 03:43 PM
How about ya get off your butt and go check every fuse..