Trouble starting car with warm engine [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trouble starting car with warm engine

devilzfan300
06-18-2006, 03:12 PM
If the car has been warmed up, and I try to start it again, it BARELY starts, with absolutely no power.

This is only when the engine is warm. When the engine is cold, it starts fine as far as I know.

Bonnor
06-18-2006, 04:46 PM
could it be a vapour lock?

GTKnightRider
07-09-2006, 06:23 PM
I have the same problem. My dealer replace fuel sending unit checked the pressure return valve flushed my injectors and I can't seem to find whats wrong. Maybe it's my coil packs...

Mike Jung
07-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I have the same problem. My dealer replace fuel sending unit...
:wtf Does the Fuel Sending Unit have to do with it ? lol

Maybe the Fuel Pump, you meant ?

Panacea
07-09-2006, 09:02 PM
My car did something similar. It only occured if the car was partially warmed up, I shut it off, came back out in a minute or two (maybe even ten) and tried to start it back up. It would turn over, run for a second, then drop idle and die. If I tapped the gas, it would run fine. Focking annoying as hell and I never figured out what it was.

GTKnightRider
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
they said the pump was fine so they tryed the sending unit. Again it never fixed the problem it was covered anyways but still It's anoying when a dealer of the same manufacture fixes something that wasn't broken and charges for it. And thats why Im going to U.T.I. so I'll do everything myself.