A/C Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A/C Question

GeorgesGT99
06-19-2006, 12:54 PM
I have been searching this site to see if this question has been answered - please forgive me if it has!

Recently my A/C has not been as cool as it should be. Having just moved down to Florida I felt I really needed to fix this! I went to AutoZone to buy some more refrigerant to see if that would fix the problem. When I put the gauge on the low pressure valve the reading came out to be too high. So apparently there is too much in my A/C at the time.

Just today my A/C button does not work. When I push the button I do not hear anything happen and the air is still not "cold". After a while the air is cool, but not as cold as I want it to be.

I think it may be the Drive Belt Tensioner - but I am not sure if this has anything to do with the A/C. A few weeks ago my car started making a ticking noise - and I read on the forums that it is probably the belt tensioner. Would this cause my A/C not to work too well?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks...

Also - is there a way to remove refrigerant from your car or do you have to take it to a mechanic to have them do it?

Thanks again!

white97gt
07-31-2006, 01:14 PM
if is too high you migh have air in your system. check your blower resistor on the back of the blower on the firewall that could be a reason why the blower is not coming on or your blower just took a crap on you.