Rotor holes to big for studs? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rotor holes to big for studs?

GA Nightmare
06-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Anyone ever notice this problem with stock replacement rotors? The hole size that the stud go into are bigger in diameter that the diameter of the stud. Shouldn't it be an exact fit? I mean your rotor shouldn't be loose when putting it over the studs. In my opinion atleast. Maybe Autozone gave me the wrong rotors.

CoopGT
06-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Once you tighten the wheel down they won't move . How much to big are the holes? I think my new rotors it was about 1/16" Which would be about 1/32" all the way around the stud . No biggy .

GA Nightmare
06-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Once you tighten the wheel down they won't move . How much to big are the holes? I think my new rotors it was about 1/16" Which would be about 1/32" all the way around the stud . No biggy .

About that size difference I'd say. My father- in-law happen to look at my brakes for me one day and said that the holes should fit prefectly around the studs. Just thought I'd bring it up. Although i did have to go back to Autozone and have then grind out both of the back inside portions of the rotors so that it would fit over the hub and studs. That was a pain in the ass. Maybe I'll go with Napa from now on.

Lab Rat
06-20-2006, 07:46 AM
The rotors fit perfectly around the center hub. I think that's why they are called hubcentric. lol I figured that out last weekend when the rear brakes were off.
I also thought it weird that they were different sized holes but realized it makes no difference.

stangdude
06-20-2006, 08:34 AM
which rotors did you get? the Valucrap fit kinda ****ty but the Duralast rotors are pretty nice. They even come with the non-directional finish. and most rotors I've dealt with, NAPA and Autozone both have had holes like that. Although I've always went with the better series, the Duralast or Aimco at AZ and NAPA Gold at NAPA