Change Oil Light dont come on after new DHP PCM [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Change Oil Light dont come on after new DHP PCM

cmtapanes
06-20-2006, 10:50 PM
All right.. I already did a search and I couldn't find any information. I replace my pcm with a DHP pcm not to long ago and I just notice that I have more than 4000 miles on the car and the change oil light hasn't come on. The light just to light up at 3000 miles. Anyone have the same problem?

Panacea
06-21-2006, 12:00 AM
The oil light does not have a set time or mileage that it turns on. You could drive 2500 miles and it comes on, or you could drive 7500 miles before it comes on. It has to do with how you drive it and what load conditions go on. So, give it another 3000 miles and if it doesn't come on (assuming you haven't gotten your oil changed and they reset it for you) then you can start worrying.

curtpank
06-21-2006, 12:05 AM
it is the PCM that monitors the oil by tracking how you drive, conditions, etc. When you change your PCM, the tracking starts over, since the progress was recorded on your original PCM.

change your oil, reset the monitor, and go

digitalballz
06-21-2006, 06:07 PM
WHO CARES!!! If you change your oil according to the change oil light your retarded!!! I have seen cars with 50k miles on them that had enuff sludge to think that there was 150k on them!!

slickjoe
06-25-2006, 11:57 AM
You may have hit the "reset" button on the driver's side fuse box. It resets the last time your oil was changed mileage wise.

Mike Jung
06-25-2006, 03:08 PM
You may have hit the "reset" button on the driver's side fuse box. It resets the last time your oil was changed mileage wise.
Incorrect.

The OLM system is not a mileage counter.
(Not like some Honda's)

It uses various variables to trip the Change Oil light.
...The GM engine oil life monitor counts engine revolutions and ac***ulates the number for the basis of the oil life calculation.
It then adds deterioration factors for operating temperature, start up temperature, soak times, ambient, coolant temperature, etc...

lightningGA
06-25-2006, 04:36 PM
I have the DHP PCM and my light just came on a few months ago.