Black Piece Near Door [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Black Piece Near Door

GAGT7386
06-21-2006, 02:41 PM
The black piece of metal on my door is beginning to rust and I noticed that was pretty cheap to get from the dealer so does anyone know how to get the thing off? I tried prying at it, but didn't want to pry to hard incase there is another way.

Thanks for the help!

Phuxed
06-21-2006, 03:04 PM
What "black piece" are you referring too? I am assuming you mean the B-pillars...

(shown here covered in red)
http://customgrandam.com/doorpillars.jpg

GAGT7386
06-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Yes you are correct, sorry I didn't know what they were called. But yes those are what I am talking about. I like that look, wondering how good it would look silver. Did you paint those your self?

BigBadTikiMan15
06-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Yes you are correct, sorry I didn't know what they were called. But yes those are what I am talking about. I like that look, wondering how good it would look silver. Did you paint those your self?
They're just vinyl overlays (well generally speaking)

http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/detail.php?pid=GAGT4-1030

AznGA
06-21-2006, 11:55 PM
I need to know how to remove this piece as well.

puckyou
06-22-2006, 12:06 AM
I need to know how to remove this piece as well.

You need to pull back the weather stripping to reveal three screws for the rear piece, remove those. Then the piece is held on with double sided tape.

The front ones on the door have screws that are exposed when the window is rolled down if memory serves me.

I found that they remove easier if the sun heats up the tape first.

Phuxed
06-22-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm actually wondering how they would look silver too, lol
I just pulled that pic from customgrandam.com

slowbird
06-23-2006, 08:13 AM
So those B pillar things are cheap?

Cause I have a slight dent in one of mine.