Low Oil Sensor issues [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Low Oil Sensor issues

lone_wolf025
06-26-2006, 09:40 PM
I recently had my low oil light turn on after starting my car. As I had suspected when I saw the light go on, my oil level was just fine (covering the second hole into the hatchmarked area). I do have a slight seepage leak coming from the side of the oil pan but nothing else. The car was not parked on an incline so that wasn't the issue.

I want to know where in the oil pan the sensor is located, how it operates, and if anyone else has had intermitent problems with low oil lights going on. I was unable to find anything relevant by searching so if anyone does know of a good thread please let me know.

lone_wolf025
06-27-2006, 07:46 PM
*Bump*

So no one knows anything about the sensor or where I can find some info?

GrandAmGT1996
06-27-2006, 09:47 PM
I apologize Jon, for telling you that I had a similar situation and everything ended up turning out fine. Appearantly, I am not allowed to inform you of my situation according to the administrators.

iceman
06-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Why would you post, if you have no idea??? You better start to curb the post whoring...

Anyways

Read the manual, unfortunately I can't get the image.. but the oil pan replacement section just says "disconnect the sensor" so I assume its the one hangin off near the bottom of the pan.