Wire iPod into Cassette Player [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wire iPod into Cassette Player

oldblackgt00
07-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Help!!!! I have removed my cassette player in hopes of somehow wiring my iPod into its plug. Is it possible. Can i just remove the left and right wires and just hard wire it into the plug? Has anyone done this before? HELP! :leg

onesexyga
07-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Leave the factory cassette in and get a mini jack to cassette adapter.

AndyVTek
07-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Ive never had a cassette adapter that works. On that note, i dont think you can hardwire your iPOD in place of your cassette deck. You could purchase a cheap HU with RCA inputs and buy the proper cable to connect a phono jack.

pyro
07-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Leave the factory cassette in and get a mini jack to cassette adapter.
x2

oldblackgt00
07-04-2006, 11:51 AM
I would use a tape in there but I have had numerous problems with the deck and would just like to eliminate it alltogether.

Now for the HU with RCA adapter. I have the RCA adapter but I am not sure about the phono jack. Can you explain a little more since I do not understand. Thanks

AndyVTek
07-04-2006, 12:13 PM
I have a Pioneer HU. The Pioneer HU has an AUX input, but it has a special cable with a connector (if youre interested in the actual part number, I can get that for you later). Pioneer designed this so you actually had to purchase an adapter that only they make (go figure). The leads to the adapter are RCA plugs. From these, you can connect a cable that is RCA <-----> headphone jack. It's like the jack on a pair of headphones. So now, I can plug that cable into my mp3 player or my laptop and have sound pumped through the auxiliary channel. Pretty sweet deal, and much cheaper than an iPOD kit or whatever they are.

[HU> <adapter>----1------<rca> <rca>----2----<headphone jack> <<mp3 player>>

Something like that ^^

EDIT: If i remember correctly, I purchased the RCA>headphone cable at BestBuy.

EDITx2: Ok, here is a link to the cable i am referring to http://www.shoptronics.com/sthe3pltodur.html

GTKnightRider
07-08-2006, 06:23 PM
The PAC iPOD conection interface from pfyc.com will work if you kept the factory unit installed.

videoman
07-08-2006, 10:27 PM
I use my ipod and cassette adapter everyday, sounds great. If you are having issues with the cassette adapter, what kinda issues are they? turn the radio off, hold down the cd tape button til it beeps then you can insert the cassette adapter. Normally it thinks the adapter is just a broken tape, unless you hold down the button.