What is part called. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum


View Full Version : What is part called.

07-07-2006, 07:25 AM
A while ago, I had a fender bender with an SUV. Not really a big deal. It damaged my front bumper a little bit. It now is a little off, about 1/4th inch. that's not really a big deal. But that accident also seemed to break this long black plastic piece that is under my car. It runs pretty much from wheel to wheel, and gets scratch up usually when driving over speed bumps and such. Its long, black plastic, placed at an angle. It looks like its something used to draw air into the bottom of the engine. Does anyone know what this part is, what its called, and if so, how to replace it?

I found a picture, its what I have the arrow pointing to.


07-07-2006, 07:41 AM
That's basically an air dam to force air up into the radiator. I don't know how you'd fix it though.

07-07-2006, 08:15 AM
i recall seeing someone selling an aluminum one somewhere. not sure where though.

07-07-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm having a hard time finding that part on the internet. "Air Dam" brings up some results, but usually SUV and trucks. Anyone got a link to a part #?

07-07-2006, 08:52 AM
I think it's called the lower deflector and the part# might be: 22602298

EDIT: on GMparts direct it's listed as a: "RADIATOR MOUNTING PANEL"

07-07-2006, 04:52 PM
I beleive Dr Speed was selling the metal one.

07-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I believe that Dr. Speed doesn't make the air dam kits for our cars anymore...

07-08-2006, 06:39 PM
You don't really need it. It doesn't do anything for you unless you are REALLY bad a judging the height of your car when you pull into a parking space. I ripped mine off years ago for easier access to the fog lights. If you want one just go to the junk yard they usually will charge you like $10 if you pull it yourself

04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
anybody know where to find one of these.. i don't know what to use to search it on car-part.com.. can't find one on ebay.. guess it's a trip to the junk yard?

and.. has anyone installed the center piece before?? i think the car is running warmer without the center part on there (it's probably in my head though..) and i'm tired of looking at the car and knowing that it's missing

04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
That is the inner fender well.

04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
no.. i'm talking about the piece in the middle.. not what the arrow in the pic is pointing to..

04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Ohhh gotcha. IIRC that is called the lower air damn baffle or something like that.

04-30-2007, 03:18 PM
I think it's called the lower deflector and the part# might be: 22602298

EDIT: on GMparts direct it's listed as a: "RADIATOR MOUNTING PANEL"

that should be it. what the picture is pointing to is the innder fenderwell, and above should be whats in the middle. its three pieces.

04-30-2007, 07:53 PM
try this site


04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
try this site


:boogie: never seen that site before... gmpartsdirect catalog isn't working on my computer for some reason.. ;crap

04-30-2007, 10:33 PM
yall do know there is a catalogue on here for those parts right, and the part he is talking about is the front splash guard piece and the piece that ZHD is talking about is gonna cost right around $50-$60 in case u wanted to know. i get a discount if you want me to see wht my price is.

look here first for any of that