bad axels, wheel bearings, or front brakes? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : bad axels, wheel bearings, or front brakes?

96sega
07-07-2006, 10:45 AM
ok so within the last month i have had the rear breaks completely replaced, new fuel pump and new brake booster. now as of yesterday i was driving to class and i heard a pop i thought i just drove over fireworks or something in the road, after the pop i started hearing metal on metal grinding from the front end, it is an on and off grinding kinda like a warped rotor brushing against the pads but the rotors and pad in front are good, so today when i had time i checked the calipers to make sure they were tight which they were, and nothing else was rubbing and everything i checked looked like it should plus today i noticed that at slow speeds its pretty noticable but you cant hear anything above 30 and turning at low speeds its really noticable too checked wheel play and there is none so i dont think its a wheel bearing but i could be wrong some one help i am sick of wasting money on this car

freeze12
07-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Did You try jacking the front end up getting both wheels off the groung then starting the car & putting it in drive to get both wheels spinning & hear for noises?

96sega
07-07-2006, 03:24 PM
yeah it sounds like its coming from the left front