Gas Gauge [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gas Gauge

Graxall
07-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Anyone else have this problem, it just started. When i get gas my gauge will go very slow, almost like its not getting gas, then all of a sudden BOOM shoot up past full, then slowly go back down then shoot up again ect, and then when gas is done pumping it will shoot all the way back down to empty and the light will come on. Then as i drive it takes 10-15minutes for it to get back up to where the gas reallly should be....

1hotgagt
07-13-2006, 09:26 AM
you need a new sending unit

Y2KGA
07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Anyone else have this problem, it just started. When i get gas my gauge will go very slow, almost like its not getting gas, then all of a sudden BOOM shoot up past full, then slowly go back down then shoot up again ect, and then when gas is done pumping it will shoot all the way back down to empty and the light will come on. Then as i drive it takes 10-15minutes for it to get back up to where the gas reallly should be....

Before you replace the sensor try using a bottle of fuel injector cleaner. Don't use the cheap ones. I recommend Techron Concentrate Plus.

You should also consider trying another brand of fuel.

manic mechanic
07-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Techron Concentrate Plus worked wonders for me.

JohnnyB4439
07-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Did they have a recall on some of the sending units? I thought maybe they did, I remember hearing something about it.