what the hell is this?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is this??

REV13
07-15-2006, 09:59 PM
i was investigating some weird noise coming from the fuse panel on the passeger side and in the process discovered this plug was unplugged...before i go plugging random sh** in i wanna know wat it is...so wat it is? thx in advance for any help....

dxtreme_85
07-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Ummm...Correct me if I'm wrong...but doesn't that have something to do w/ the airbags???

badboy2451
07-16-2006, 12:02 AM
no idea what that is, but im guessin that GM dint leave anything unplugged when it came from the factory

B0000rt
07-16-2006, 12:27 AM
i was investigating some weird noise coming from the fuse panel on the passeger side and in the process discovered this plug was unplugged...before i go plugging random sh** in i wanna know wat it is...so wat it is? thx in advance for any help....

Lol, atleast you don't have a loose connector under your hood.

When I was doing my LIM gasket change, I found a loose connector near my coolant res, just dangling there, thought it was for the A/C pressure sensor, but it was already there, lol!

MMGT1
07-16-2006, 09:15 AM
That is an air bag connector. Any plugs to do with the restraint system are always yellow for easy ID. Kinda scary to see that. Now a heads up.....get the car checked immediately!!!!! Theives have been known to steal air bags from the assembly plant and putting "Fakes" in their place!!(Air bag covers without the bags underneath) This is no joke man, get it checked right away!!!!!! Hopefully some fool just didn't plug it in, but if that were the case, your abs and/or seatbelt warning lights should be on.

REV13
07-16-2006, 05:57 PM
That is an air bag connector. Any plugs to do with the restraint system are always yellow for easy ID. Kinda scary to see that. Now a heads up.....get the car checked immediately!!!!! Theives have been known to steal air bags from the assembly plant and putting "Fakes" in their place!!(Air bag covers without the bags underneath) This is no joke man, get it checked right away!!!!!! Hopefully some fool just didn't plug it in, but if that were the case, your abs and/or seatbelt warning lights should be on.

ok makes sense now...yea the car was recently fixed from a wreck and the airbags were recently replaced but havent gotten to replace the module (i have it already though)....do i plug it now or wait till im done with the module? or makes no difference? damn now i gotta check the driver side n see if they left that one unplugged too.... its not out on the road i just took it that day to get the sunroof fixed cuz it wouldnt close...thx 4 the help guys...

slickjoe
07-18-2006, 09:22 PM
make sure to pull the fuse for the air bags before hooking it back up.