SLP Exhaust System too loud... recomendations??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SLP Exhaust System too loud... recomendations???

rabbitt1100
07-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Well, the other day my girl got popped while driving my car for loud exhaust. Ya perhaps she doesnt know how to hold the throttle just right to make it a soft rumble while passing the cops, but it is still kinda loud for general use.

Anyways, this is what I have... what would you recommend to be able to drop the loud raspy rap to it?

Weapon-R Headers
Magnaflow High Flow Cat
Full SLP Exhaust System

Sounds awesome at idle, and low amounts of exceleration. But when I apply some gas to it to just try and regularly excelerate the raspy rapping is getting really annoying. I want to keep it as deep of a sound as possible, whithout restricting my air flow... give me your guys' recomendations/thoughts to the set-up... Thanks guys.

lone_wolf025
07-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Chances are you won't be able to have your cake and eat it too. Exhaust systems are usually either quiet or loud. There isn't much "tuning" that can be done to get the ideal sound without changing parts around. My recomendation is to fight it in court (after doing your research of the law concerned of course) and either find something to stuff into the exhaust (silencer of some kind) or just deal with it.

badboy2451
07-16-2006, 11:43 PM
SLP = street legal performance...tell the cops to eat a **** since it meets all the standards that are required

tenspeed
07-17-2006, 07:28 AM
I got a pair of resonator tips for winter use from ebay. (item # 280008275685 )

They knocked the interior noise down. I don't know if there's any difference out the back. I used a pair of adaptors to get them to fit.

lone_wolf025
07-17-2006, 08:48 AM
SLP = street legal performance...tell the cops to eat a **** since it meets all the standards that are required

Some cops don't care. They'll pull you over if they even THINK its too loud and ticket you regardless. Technically they can't ticket you unless they have a decibel meter to see exactly how loud it is, but like I said it doesn't stop most coppers.

iceman
07-17-2006, 09:18 AM
already thread(s) on this in all go