No foglights? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : No foglights?

gt034dr
07-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum :newbie: (sort of, been a member for a while but never really had anything to add or ask), and I had a quick question. And, yes, I did try to use the search button, but nothing came up that sounded like my problem.;crap

Last night, My foglights (well, my wife's foglight, to be exact) stopped working. There's no SVS light, the foglight switch on the dash isn't lit either, all the other lights are functional (headlamps, taillamps, marker lamps, etc) so I took both foglights out and tried them in my truck, and they both worked fine.

Is there perhaps a fuse I should be looking for? I looked in both the fusebox on the driver's door panel, and the one above the airbox, and I didn't see a fuse specifically for the Fogs. I'm completely stumped. Anyone else had this issue?

Oh, it's an 02 gt 4 door, (if my username didn't give that away) if that helps at all.

badboy2451
07-17-2006, 09:13 PM
it may sound stupid, but are you sure that her high beams aren't on?

gt034dr
07-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I thought of that too. I even tried flicking them on and off a few times, thinking maybe a relay was stuck or something, but, no, the Highs aren't on.

CK GAGT
07-18-2006, 07:02 AM
happend to me before. in the passenger fuse box replace the fog lamp relay (gray box looking fuse) its like 12 dollars at the dealer. id try replacing the fuse first (i believe passegner side) just because itll save you 12 bucks if its just the fuse.

tenspeed
07-18-2006, 08:04 AM
There are two fuse boxes inside the car and one under the hood. Check the box at the end of the dash at the passenger door.

Usually it's a fuse or a bad relay.

coupe
07-18-2006, 09:49 AM
I bet i know what it is. My fog lights died on me and it ended up being the foglight switch thats in the panel (the switch to turn it off and on). Pop that panel out and take out the switch and replace it. I got it from the dealer for $10. The reason i think you have the same problem is becuase the light on the switch isnt working, mine didnt work either.

gt034dr
07-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. I didn't even realize that there was another set of fuses/relays on the passenger side. I'll check all of these ideas when my wife gets home tonight.:respekt:

ryanbgb22
07-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Im almost positive its the relay; the same exact thing happened to my car. I would recommend buying a new relay, however before you do take the plastic cap off the old one and clean it with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol around the contacts, then put it back in and see if they work. This is what I did, I still plan on getting the relay eventually, but the cleaning has done me good for about the last 3 mounths.

KeyserSosa2000
07-18-2006, 04:38 PM
My fog lights have never worked. That was the only thing that wasn't in mint condition when I bought my car. Maybe its one of these problems...

gt034dr
07-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Im almost positive its the relay; the same exact thing happened to my car. I would recommend buying a new relay, however before you do take the plastic cap off the old one and clean it with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol around the contacts, then put it back in and see if they work. This is what I did, I still plan on getting the relay eventually, but the cleaning has done me good for about the last 3 mounths.
I found the fuse, fine. Checked the relay, fine. Checked the bulbs, fine. The only thing I haven't tried is the switch itself. I'm gonna grab a voltage tester from work tommorow and see if it's getting any juice at all. Past that, I'm stumped.

coupe
07-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Im tellin ya its the switch itself.