Surprise Rainstorm+Open Windows=One Dumbkid with lots of problems.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Rainstorm+Open Windows=One Dumbkid with lots of problems..

Ajaxus
07-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, sooo last night it wasn't supposed to rain and i had left my sunroof and two front windows open a crack to keep the car cool.

Anyways, came out to alot of water inside my car this morning, I've got the upholstery dried up but have two issues that need fixing. Unfortunately the Haynes isn't really that helpful to me.

Here's the deal, the switches for unlocking/locking the doors inside my car only lock them, they don't unlock them. When I use my fob to lock the car, it sets the alarm and the doors lock but then about 2 seconds later they all unlock themselves (all 4). And final issue is the horn, it likes to honk briefly every 5-10minutes. Not a big issue, but it gets annoying after awhile.

Yes I'm a dumbass, no need to say that in any posts as I already realise this. Somebody just tell me if letting her sit and dry out could fix these problems, or what I'm going to be looking at checking and fixing on the car. I would assume checking the condition of the bcm is top of my list, and I'll be checking that along with fuses just to be safe. Anything else I should look for?

Exodus
07-18-2006, 11:25 AM
funky wet sock smell for months.

Lab Rat
07-18-2006, 11:28 AM
They just sound wet. I would not try to use the locks or horn for at least the day. Could blow fuses, etc. Hope it dries out OK.

Ajaxus
07-18-2006, 12:20 PM
yeh i was thinking that the water might screw with them, but occasionally it does more damage over time, so i didn't know if i should be looking to dry anything in particular out.

exodus: i have a carpet steamer, the upholstery shouldn't stink when i'm through with it. :)

Exodus
07-18-2006, 12:49 PM
yeh i was thinking that the water might screw with them, but occasionally it does more damage over time, so i didn't know if i should be looking to dry anything in particular out.

exodus: i have a carpet steamer, the upholstery shouldn't stink when i'm through with it. :)

Noice.
Same thing happened to my g/f car a while back, it stunk for like almost 2 months even after it was cleaned several times a week.

Slim
07-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Bwahahahahaha... Hey, you made fun of me for flushing my MP3 player so I get my turn. :D

I've done this before. Just let the car dry out. It should be fine. But I second the advice not to use anything until it's dry.

edit: Okay, so you didn't make fun of me... I take back my laughter. :)

KeyserSosa2000
07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
I had the panic attack one night back when I would leave my windows and sunroof open a bit at night. I woke up to a thunderstorm and I ran to my window but for some reason I closed my windows that day, I was pretty lucky. Sorry to hear that you weren't.

PS
Park in the sun.

freakydeaky
07-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Aj... open all doors and have a shop or a box fan blowing in the car, on both sides.... if the minor issues aren't fixed, pop the door panels off and dry the inside... you'll have a stink to deal with, but you know what to do

SikMindz
07-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Suck everything dry with your human homo Hoover power, son!

Mike Jung
07-18-2006, 06:09 PM
I would also suggest that you dis-connect the car battery's negetive terminal until the car is "dry".

Phuxed
07-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Bwahahahahaha... Hey, you made fun of me for flushing my MP3 player so I get my turn. :D

I've done this before. Just let the car dry out. It should be fine. But I second the advice not to use anything until it's dry.

edit: Okay, so you didn't make fun of me... I take back my laughter. :)
You did this too??! AND flushed an mp3 player??!! Hahahahaha!

Didn't AJ piss on his laptop or something like that too? I guess the GA community has liquid troubles lol

Hope everything dries out for you ok though AJ, that sucks. ;crap

SikMindz
07-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah...I was gonna ask. Are you sure it rained, or were you drinking again last nite?

Ajaxus
07-19-2006, 11:28 AM
it was rain, trust me, biggest storm in awhile around here...

anyways, it seems most of the issues are resolved, and my power inverter (that i forgot was under the dash) seems to be alright. im still waiting to see if the horn acts up.

as for the smell...yech! im doing a full interior detail tonight and throwing in an air freshener, ill take stock tomorrow to see what else needs to be done and to check the status on the seats and carpets.

sik ive already got a 'siks mom' joke ready, layoff unless you reaaaaaaaaally want me to say it. :D

Phuxed
07-19-2006, 03:32 PM
it was rain, trust me, biggest storm in awhile around here...

anyways, it seems most of the issues are resolved, and my power inverter (that i forgot was under the dash) seems to be alright. im still waiting to see if the horn acts up.

as for the smell...yech! im doing a full interior detail tonight and throwing in an air freshener, ill take stock tomorrow to see what else needs to be done and to check the status on the seats and carpets.

sik ive already got a 'siks mom' joke ready, layoff unless you reaaaaaaaaally want me to say it. :D
glad there wasn't any worse damage.

and I want you to say it so go for it lol

iceman
07-19-2006, 03:51 PM
leave some dryer sheets in there