no brake/taillights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : no brake/taillights

scs411scs
07-23-2006, 01:40 PM
well i did something to it....

ive been browsing these forums for a while now, and this is my first post....just an intro, i have a 2000 grand am gt....and im working on my first mods to it...nothing major, just lights

i replaced the taillights and brakelights today with LEDs, got them switched out doing the drivers side first so i could test it before i put the casing back into the car. i put them in and they worked great, put the drivers side light back in and still worked great, then when i went to do the passenger side, i had the lights all out and nothing worked, not even the drivers side that were working when i put them back in. now ive put the old stock bulbs back in and they dont even work....i checked the fuses, and everything looked good....any idea what the problem could be?

Sam

pyro
07-23-2006, 01:43 PM
check the other fuses, there should be one for tails and one for brakes. make sure your conections are correct too. did you midify thr bulbs like you are supposed to and use load resistors?

scs411scs
07-23-2006, 03:25 PM
i thought that was just for blinking lights (turn signals and the like)...am i mistaken?

has anyone else noticed how difficult it is for a right handed person to pull the fuses out? especially those on the bottom row under the relays....that little fuse puller on the inside of the door is worthless....

Bonnor
07-23-2006, 07:41 PM
that's why u use a good pair of needlenosed pliars

scs411scs
07-23-2006, 07:49 PM
alright, i found both fuses to be burned up actually...i had neglected to check the fusebox under the hood....anyway, back to my initial plan of putting in the leds if i can....