inner door panel rain deflectors is there such thing in our 1999 to 2004 car doors. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : inner door panel rain deflectors is there such thing in our 1999 to 2004 car doors.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-27-2006, 07:05 PM
it appears that i have water the odd time running between the outer and inner door panel and collecting towards the front of the door on the top of the door rubber wheather channel flowing over top the grey plastic door panel.

gm guy tells me there is a a water deflector in between the inner and outer door panels they may have something wrong with it . is this true ? what does it look like ? can i fix it my self ?

not very mechanically inclined etc. anyone with pictures of the hardware/ or inside of the outer door panel etc that maybe they even used for other purposes that might help. i been all over the waterleaks search's etc.

badboy2451
07-27-2006, 09:25 PM
where exactly is the water puddling? is it the passanger side by where the feet go?

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
07-28-2006, 08:35 AM
yes but is not coming from sunroof drain or under the dash etc. just creeps over that plastic step plate as i calll it just before it start to turn upward under the bottom of dash. i see it pool up then see it run drip over that area when i open the door after showing majorly with hose water . i go it to repeat this three times