A/C Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A/C Question

GAGT7386
07-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Just today when I was driving around I had let my car cool off with the windows down and switched on my MAX A/C setting. Now it is extremely hot up here in Michigan right now ... pushing 100+ ... anyways, I haven't had any problems before with my A/C; but today I noticed that when the RPM's got near 2500 - 3000 range which is where the car usually upshifts there is a loud whining sound. I know the A/C takes some power from the engine, and I wasn't hammering the gas or anything just normal driving, and I know it sounds a little different when the A/C is on but this just sounded a little off. Just wondering what it may be or if it is normal. I didn't think it would be because of the heat but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for any ideas ...

Sprucegagt
07-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Is the whining sound still there after turning the A/C off? If so then this could be any number of things. Until the sound gets bad enough that you can track down its source I wouldn't worry about it.

Personnally if the car runs fine and the A/C works well then I wouldn't worry about it. I am experiencing 100* temps around here as well and with that kind of heat you will work everything in the car harder.

GAGT7386
07-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Yea it is only there when the rpms are higher, I will just let it go for now.

Thanks