How to disconect fuel filter??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How to disconect fuel filter???

Tailspin
08-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Can someone please tell me how to disconnect the green clasp on the nipple end of the fuel filter? I'm beginning to believe I need a special tool that I do not have.
I got it opened, I just can't get the line separated. Thanks. :(:leg

Gizm0815
08-01-2006, 12:41 PM
squeeze in and push it back it comes out hte back everyone thinks u have to pry it apart and u dont. i messed with mine a few months ago and had the same problem the green piece will push out he back side u can feel around for it and see what im talking about and as soon as u do be ready for some gas to run down ur arm as u pull the filter.

Tailspin
08-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks I'll try that out. I met the gas already on the other end. Smelled like $3.

coupe
08-01-2006, 01:01 PM
At least you dont have a 99-00, those you need a tool for.

Tailspin
08-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I was beginning to wonder. Engineers make it a brainteaser to get stuff apart half the time.

digitalballz
08-01-2006, 11:06 PM
At least you dont have a 99-00, those you need a tool for.

Not really but ok.

coupe
08-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Well not really you can do without one but it makes it a whole lot easier.

Hurricane
08-02-2006, 06:49 AM
Not really but ok.

That's what I was thinking. I don't remember having to buy anything to do mine. My ford on the other hand, that's a different story.

The_Wraith
08-02-2006, 01:51 PM
squeeze in and push it back it comes out hte back everyone thinks u have to pry it apart and u dont. i messed with mine a few months ago and had the same problem the green piece will push out he back side u can feel around for it and see what im talking about and as soon as u do be ready for some gas to run down ur arm as u pull the filter.

Yeah, I did mine on my '04 several months back, I had to re-use it though, the one that came with the fuel filter (Purolator) was different, I check the part number for the filter with other year GA's and it was the same... so I don't know why I had the wrong piece, the filter was correct.. But the old piece went back together ok.

Note: the pastic piece that did come with mine look like it needed the tool, anyone else get the wrong piece with there filter?

coupe
08-02-2006, 02:04 PM
You probably got the old 99-00 filter, the only thing different is that plastic peice.

The_Wraith
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
You probably got the old 99-00 filter, the only thing different is that plastic peice.

Well the must of put the wrong stuff in the box, beacuse the box had the right part number... oh well, I guess I'll see what happens next time :-)