Random stalling issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Random stalling issue

lucky13rme
08-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Over the past 2 weeks my car has stalled 4-5 times. Everytime while I was sitting at a light or right when I started it up in park. I'd restart it and it would die out again, but would stay running if I had it in neutral and my foot on the gas. No check egine ligh or codes. The battery, alternator, and starter all check out okay and there are no vacuum leaks. Any ideas what it could be? BTW is the 2.4 TC

DoCDooM
08-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey

2002 GAGT RAM Air 3.4 V6

Same D*** problem.

Tried the fuel filter, no change, no evidence of vacuum leaks, (no hiss anywhere)

I was slowing coming down a hill (not reallt steep) on a hot day last time, had been on the highway for about an hour.

The engine slowed down... and stopped.

Shut everything off waited 2 minutes. she started right up ... and died again 200 feet down the road.

A 10 minute shutdown kept the car running for the next 45 minutes before I parked for the night.

I found the plastic vaccuum line running to the tranny had rubbed all the paint off the break booster, couldn't see the line to check for holes as the design under the hood is the work of a moron BUT I taped the area of the line and the problem went away ... for 2 weeks LOL.

I really wish someone could find a solution man. I have an 86 RX-7 that has saved my butt into work at least 4 or five times,, MUCH more reliable car that the 2002 GM.

ANYBODY please, find the fix, I need a car not an erector set.

Dan

DoCDooM
08-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey

2002 GAGT RAM Air 3.4 V6

Same D*** problem.

Tried the fuel filter, no change, no evidence of vacuum leaks, (no hiss anywhere)

I was slowing coming down a hill (not reallt steep) on a hot day last time, had been on the highway for about an hour.

The engine slowed down... and stopped.

Shut everything off waited 2 minutes. she started right up ... and died again 200 feet down the road.

A 10 minute shutdown kept the car running for the next 45 minutes before I parked for the night.

I found the plastic vaccuum line running to the tranny had rubbed all the paint off the break booster, couldn't see the line to check for holes as the design under the hood is the work of a moron BUT I taped the area of the line and the problem went away ... for 2 weeks LOL.

I really wish someone could find a solution man. I have an 86 RX-7 that has saved my butt into work at least 4 or five times,, MUCH more reliable car that the 2002 GM.

ANYBODY please, find the fix, I need a car not an erector set.

Dan

DoCDooM
08-20-2007, 12:48 PM
It's Dan again LOL.

OK I ended up having to replace the fuel tank module, (fuel guage sending unit, pressure sending unit and fuel pump all in one)

Tjis is about a $450 part and you should buy the aftermarket as the flaw was the fault of the " genuine GM Parts" in the car from the factory.

The stalling, failure to start, surging and bad fuel economy all dissapear.

It took me 1 hour to remove the tank, clean it, replace the module and reinstall the tank, by myself.

Kudos to GM for mistakenly making the tank easy to remove :)

Cheers

Dan