air bag sensor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : air bag sensor

Torrentman
08-05-2006, 02:28 PM
yeah so does anybody know where this is on the car? I'm tring to replace my air bags (had an accident the other day) and i know the air bag module is underneath the seat but where is the air bag sensor? is there even one? :iconfused

REV13
08-05-2006, 06:56 PM
well when my car was fixed after the accident all we replaced were the airbags n the module......the sensor might be w/e is in front of ur car that sends the signal to deploy, maybe? this is just a guess...well w.e. that is, it was done at a shop

Torrentman
08-06-2006, 11:17 PM
well ok, i guess i don't have to replace the sensor, i hope. But yeah i thought it was in the front of the car too.... i was looking for it, couldn't find it though. Thanks though.

Sleepwalkr
08-06-2006, 11:33 PM
They are inside the front bumper, one on the left, one on the right. I can't remember exactly if they're between the bumper cover and the metal bumper itself, or just behind the metal bumper. They'll be bright yellow, usually with blue or green wires connected to them. Be very careful when messing with them. The best way to do anything with them is to make sure your battery is unplugged.