Angry Lights! =/ [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Angry Lights! =/

Jaysin
08-07-2006, 03:29 PM
car runs fine... as soon as I put it in to drive and start to move it Either freaks out with the ABS & No Tractions Lights and or Service Vehicle Soon Light either the first 2 or all 3. Nothing seems to feel any different, also recently my car was hit a pot hole or a slight bump and my steering would become more loose (the speed controlled steering would shut off) When I shut off my car, the lights reset untill I start moving again. Now I did have my tranny flushed about 3K miles ago (and as far as I know it was the first time it was done in at least 47K miles) I'v heard that was a bad thing to do (after the fact of course) Any ideas?

My car is a 99 GAGT w/ 3.4 only "mod" is a CAI, 94K miles

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue what to do.

Sprucegagt
08-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Stupid question. Is the ebrake completely off? If it is then it sounds like you have either a bearing assembly going bad or a bad ABS sensor. In order to tell which sensor is bad, you will need to have the ABS codes read.

Jaysin
08-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I hooked up an ODII scanner, one of the cheap ones a friend had, but i think it only reads engine codes, it didnt read a thing. Where is the abs sensor and is it an easy replacment?

Sprucegagt
08-07-2006, 06:39 PM
You have to read the code first and unfortunately the cheap OBDII code readers won't work for this. Best thing I would say is find someone with a Tech 2 or have the dealer read the code. I know it's not a cheap way of fixing it but there is no cheap way around this problem. Find out what the code is, that way you know which wheel has the problem. Each wheel has its own abs sensor.

digitalballz
08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
sounds like a possible abs sensor. get the codes read and start from there.

williamGT
04-21-2007, 06:11 PM
my 2002 GAGT does it now.....i was driving last night and the car was fine, when I went out today I start the car and put it into drive or reverse the Service vehicle soon light is on.....no trac off or ABS just the SVS.....any Ideas?.....my friend said it could be the transmission sensor.

Sprucegagt
04-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Check your headlights. You have one out.

williamGT
04-21-2007, 10:16 PM
the light is off now.....car has its good days and bad days....thanks andy

williamGT
04-23-2007, 01:37 AM
it was my headlight the high beam is burnted out....damn those are my good bulbs, oh well I have 1month of warranty on them.